You can’t gst away from Jamaican black castor oil these days but is it actually beneficial?!!
Well apprently so I’ve done my research and found five different ways it can help you so here we go!!!
1. Grow and thicken your hair
a number of people are suffering from thinning hair for a number of reasons that can be due to stress, relaxing your hair or simply not taking care of your hair (‘guilty of this final one’) so according to what I’ve read sunny isle Jamaican black castor oil has properties that can regrow and rethicken thinning hair. Now I have used it myself and can say I’m getting lil hairs growing in along my hair line where previously there was none so I know it will take time but I’m willing to wait and be patient…
2. It can regrow and thicken your eyelashes and eyebrows now I know for a fact plenty of women use it on their eyelashes I never have done as I’m prone to allergic reactions and I don’t want my eyes to swell up but yes if you feel to you can use it there. It can also thicken up thinned out eyebrows, when we over pluck or over thread our eyebrows they thin out to the point where the shape does not look as good. Jamaican black castor oil will over time thicken that hair but try not to over do it when your hair does return to its fullness or you may have to start the process all over again.
3. Removes makeup and excess dirt
now this is one that has me like huh it can remove dirt of your face and makeup but then again it is oil and oil is know to remove impurities so I guess it’s similar to coconut oil. Now I will not be using this on my face knowing how sensitive my skin is I’ll probsbly end up with a rash but like I said feel free to use it and experiment all you Jess to do is wash your face and exfoliate then pour a lil castor oil on to a cotton wool ball or pad either or is fine then wipe your face and voila it should be full of the excess dirt you’ve missed.
4. Can help with dry skin the good thing about this oil is it can help with dry skin so you can have your shower or bath then while your skin is still damp rub the Jamaican black castor oil in. I do similar but I use palmers vitamin e oil then on top of that use palmers body cream and my skin feel likes butter. So any oil and damp skin works ☺️
5. Hot oil treatments one of my favourite things is using oils on my scalp to do hot oil treatments they do help your hair to grow wonders and castor oil is no different you can use it all over scalp while it’s already heated up or rub it in your scalp while it’s at normal temp then leave it over night so your body’s heat can do the process your hair will feel soft and smooth it will help in detangiling any knots your have and helps your hair take in moisture as your cuticles will be lifted from the heat. (Works wonders if yuh low porosity like mi).
So there you have it five ways Jamaican black castor oil is handy (note the sunny isle brand has a very burnt smell it takes a while to get used to but it also the real deal)
Written by Sistah Soul ❤️